Thursday 6 August 2015

Delays

Some of you1 may have noticed that my plans for a weekly Memory Review2 are starting to seem like a cruel joke. Well there's a few reasons for that. For a few weeks I had a very time consuming job so I barely had time eat and replenish my helium supplies, let alone write a review. When I finished there I found that the game I had planned to review was a tricky one to discuss without simply listing features (WarioWare DIY if you're curious) so I decided to skip that one for now, that cost another few days. The next game on my list was Little King's Story, a game that I'm very fond of and that I have a lot of things to say about, in fact one of those points may well be spun into a separate article. While I was considering all this and writing the review draft, my laptop crashed and only after a week did I find out that there was no way of recovering the files. As well as the LKS draft I lost my notes on a lot of games I'd played recently (Psychonauts, Gunpoint etc.) as well as the most recent copy of my "big pile of ideas" file so future pieces are probably going to take (even) longer to put together, at least for a little while. Thanks for your patience.

1: Let's be honest here. There are none of "you". I'm writing only because I mentioned this blog on a CV and it wouldn't look good to the hiring manager if they looked it up and found that I hadn't kept to a schedule. Incidentally, hello.
2: That name is not getting any catchier is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment